Tommy Edison (Week 14)

 I really want to give a shoutout to an amazing spokesperson for the blind community - Tommy Edison.


Edison was born blind. His parents treated him the same as his sighted siblings, for which he is very grateful. In 2011 he started a YouTube channel called "Blind Film Critic" (not a joke). He reviews films based entirely on sound.

I got to know him from his other channel (linked above) where he talks about living life as a blind person, his perceptions of the world and assistive tech. He has several videos about using technology as a blind person.

Before I found his videos I hadn't really considered how different disabled people lived their lives, so you could say these videos were "eye-opening" for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commandment 10: Be forgiving of other people's mistakes

Citation Laundering: How Social Media Changed Journalism

Ethics: Elon Musk's Freedom of Speech